Saturday, November 28, 2009

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING!

You know how they always say that Seinfeld was a show about nothing, which is actually a bang on description...well today's post/column/rant is also about nothing. I'm gonna ramble on here about whatever comes to my mind. Basically, it's been a while since my last post...so I figured it was about time. Soooooooooooo...how are ya? Nice to see ya again! Did ya bring the J.D.(eeeeeeeek...too early even for me)?


Gotta start off with the big, real-deal art event, TOUCHED BY FIRE, that went down this last Thursday night. Great venue...I mean shit...the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)??? Whooda thunk it???...This is only our (I'm on the TBF committee) third year, and man, has it grown fast. The first 2 years was on the second floor of the legendary Gladstone Hotel, and it was an amazing spot, everyone there was really good to us...but man, we must have broken some fire regulation codes...I mean it was so packed that it would take you half the evening, trying to get across the room to the bar (and you can imagine the pure, unadulterated Hell that must have been for yours truly)...so, a new, much larger spot was needed, badly...thus the ROM!!!
Again, packed to the rafters, great art, great people, great beer!!! A huge success in every way....butttttttt...if I may...when I had time to think the next morning, sufferin' from a wee hangover, and a ton o' exhaustion...I kinda missed the Gladstone...this spot is so big that it was a little impersonal. Like I said, we had no choice...but, hey...I have this space so that I can voice my opinion...which reminds me...I'm gonna raise hell about the prices of the wine and beer...c'mon...it was a fucking art opening...probably some stupid governmental rule...but c'mon!!!!!! I IS IRKED!!! Still, it was really all about the art and the artists that night...their time to shine...I had one (ONE???) piece in the show, "Consider The Bee" (that's it up there at the top of this 'ere article), and yes it was priced higher than most, but...I did not care, or expect to sell anything that night. It just so happens that it's my favourite piece, and the judges so happened to pick it...want it to be my best work, if I'm gonna be showing at the ROM (well...ya know). So a big CONGRATS to the Touched By Fire folks, the volunteers, and especially the arteests!!!


What next????....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....so fuckin' much happening in this suddenly blessed life, and right now, because my brain is still fried, I can't seem to think ...shit, no Diet Pepsi in the fridge...not a huge fan of coffee, already had a green tea...thus no fucking caffeine (waiting for the variety store across the street to open...let me take a look outside for a sec...excuse me for a second.......SHIT! Still closed...I got up very early)!!!

Actually once I have my nectar of the Gods (the morning Gods anyway), I'm going to make my way downstairs to my studio and work all day on the next painting for my next (real) show/exhibition...The Much anticipated (well...by me anyway) "THE SODOM AND GOMORRAH VARIETY SHOW" at the aforementioned Gladstone Hotel...I try to have one big show there a year. I have about 5 paintings done for it need around 10 to 12 more, so I postponed what was to be a mid-February opening and changed it to late April...Opening on Saturday April 24 to be exact. I found myself so...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING BUSY with so many other projects (and yes I admit, too many hangovers), that I knew if I was gonna make that February 13 deadline, I would have to rush these new paintings like crazy, thus putting up a sub-par show...never done it...never will...So I said fuck this, called up the lovely and talented (and Gladstone owner) Christina Zeidler, explained why I needed more time....and WHALA (is there even a correct spelling for this word....oooooops...almost broke my own first rule for this blog....don't give a shit if something is spelled wrong!)!!!!

Next...Oh wait it's exactly 8:50 am...the stupid store has to be open....NEED my Diet Pepsi fix (better get a 4 pack of Red Bull while I'm at it)...gimme a sec........YES!!!!! I can see the red neon "OPEN" sign from my balcony...So...throw on my old sneakers, my leather jacket...and run, don't walk...smack a vein...and go buy a large bottle of the good stuff....and, then...crank the music and PAINT!!!! Today's album of the day: URGE OVERKILL: SATURATION... So, I guess this is where we part my love...don't forget to meet me at the top of the Empire State building on New Years eve!!!!!




Joey DAMMIT!

1 comment:

  1. WHALA=VOILA! French word, honey-bunny, and it means "Here it is!"
    See...I'm still your editor in my heart.
    Funny post, as usual.
    Love ya Bubba. xx Kitty

    ReplyDelete